We have two infant/toddler rooms: the Korimako room and the Bellbird room. Each of these rooms has 9 children with 3 teachers (teacher:child ratio 1:3)
Our infants and toddlers usually range from 6 months (from 3 months by arrangement) to 2 years.
The Korimako room is one of our infant/toddler rooms for our youngest learners. We value the principles of Magda Gerber’s RIE theory, Bowlby’s attachment theory, and Primary caregiving, as well as low child:teacher ratios.
We average a 1:3 ratio.
- We value loving, responsive, and reciprocal relationships with our children.
- We value collaborative partnerships with children, families, and teachers.
- We value care routines as intimate learning moments.
- We value a peaceful and challenging environment for learning.
- We value children’s free movement.